Applications must be submitted electronically by 11:59 p.m. on March 15, 2013. Supplemental materials
(Submission Verification Form, official high school transcript, and letters of recommendation) must be postmarked by March 16, 2013.
Applications and materials received after the stated deadlines will not be processed or considered.
- Please verify that you meet all eligibility requirements. No exceptions will be made to the eligibility requirements
listed below. Students not meeting all of the stated requirements should not apply. Applicants must:
- Be a legal resident of the State of Tennessee and be enrolled in a Tennessee high school or home schooled
- Be a current high school junior or senior
- Be at least sixteen years of age by June 3, 2013
- Have a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average
- Be available for full time employment (40 hours per week) between June 3 - July 19, 2013.
- Have not previously participated in the Veterinary Summer Experience Program.
- The application must be completed and submitted electronically. Paper copies of the
application will not be evaluated. The application must be completed in a single sitting. You cannot save an incomplete
application and return later to complete. An essay is required as part of the application. You may wish to draft your
essay before beginning the online application. The essay prompt is below.
- PROMPT: “Describe your experiences or attributes whether social, personal or cultural that would contribute to the strength of our summer program and potentially the profession of veterinary medicine.”
- Answer each question completely and truthfully
- Once your application has been submitted, you will receive a confirmation email with
an attached Submission Verification Form. The Submission Verification Form must
be completed and mailed along with your letters of recommendation and official high
school transcript to the address provided
- Obtain three letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with your character,
aptitude, and abilities. Letters should be from someone other than relatives. Letters of
recommendation should be returned to you and must be mailed along with your
Submission Verification Form and transcript. Recommendation letters received
separately will not be evaluated and will result in an incomplete application
- Submit an official high school transcript (complete with the signature of a school
official). Unofficial transcripts will not be accepted and will result in an incomplete
application. The transcript must be mailed along with your Submission Verification
Form and letters of recommendation